For assistance or to schedule an exam, please contact PSI Candidate Support:
ATTENTION EXAM CANDIDATES:
Effective the week of November 14, 2022, NAB exam applications and scores can be found on NAB's website. State jurisdictions will continue to approve or deny all exam applications and retrieve any scores on NABVerify. NAB does not review exam applications under state jurisdictions.
- If you have an existing NAB account and a PSI Clarus account, please log in using your nabweb.org credentials.
- If you had a PSI Clarus account, but not a NAB account, retrieve your NAB credentials by visiting nabweb.org > Member Login > Forgot My Password. Credentials will be sent to the email of your Clarus account. If you no longer have access to that email address, please email email@example.com. Your name, address, and previously used email will be helpful to confirm the correct account information.
- If you had a pending exam application that was not approved or denied prior to Clarus being shuttered, once you have gained access to nabweb.org, please start a new exam application. Go to Candidate - Exam Applications on the Manage My Account page. On the Applications-Registries page, scroll down to Credentials and go to the Exam Applications tab. Select Begin next to Exam Application. Complete the exam application up to the point of payment and select Finish Later. Once you have saved your work, please email NAB at firstname.lastname@example.org. NAB will verify previous payment and apply it to the new exam application.
For all other exam candidate questions, please contact PSI Candidate Support or refer to the Exam Candidate Handbook.
For login credentials to NAB's website, please contact NAB:
In July 2022 new exam forms were released for the CORE and all Lines of Service Exams. There has been an increase in the number of questions and pretest questions. Pretest questions are ones that are being tested or piloted to see if they are quality questions. They do not count towards a candidate's final score, and they are not identified as pretest questions. The number of exam questions and seat time are as follows:
CORE Exam – 100 scored /25 pretest questions/ 125 total questions. Seat time 150 minutes.
NHA, RCAL, & HCBS Exams – Each line of service exam has 60 scored/15 pretest questions/ 75 total questions. Seat time 90 minutes.
All examination content reflects what is current practice. As such, changes to practice in the long-term and post-acute healthcare profession/industry that have been necessitated by the coronavirus situation and other recent developments are not yet assessed by the NAB licensure examinations. Examinees are advised to respond to examination content accordingly.
Please Note: While NAB offers the federal licensing exam for potential Nursing Home Administrators (NHA), candidates must be approved to test through their respective state licensure board(s). NAB is unable to approve any NHA exam applications. Please contact your state board to determine if you are eligible to take the below exam(s) prior to submitting an exam application.
Exam candidates will need to pass the one hundred (100) item Core of Knowledge examination module and a minimum of one of the below fifty (50) item line of service (LOS) examination modules.
Currently, there are three line of service exams offered in the areas of:
- Nursing Home Administration (NHA)
- Resident Care/Assisted Living (RCAL)
- Home and Community Based Services (HCBS)
Once approved by a state licensure board, candidates can apply for examinations through the NAB website.
Those applying for the NAB Health Services Executive (HSE qualification) will need to complete both the RCAL and HCBS LOS exams and should choose "NAB-HSE" as their state jurisdiction.